If someone were to provide a cure for cancer that had very minimal risks or side effects, it would be the most significant medical discoveries of our time. While cannabis isn’t a cure for cancer, there are an abundance of research studies and anecdotal claims to its efficiency at killing cancer cells as well as for providing relief from common ailments and symptoms that are associated with cancer.
Cannabis has also been shown to negate the horrible side effects of traditional Cancer Treatments such as chemotherapy. For this reason, many individuals are starting to explore the option of cannabinoid-based therapies for cancer treatment. If you are not fluent with knowledge about cannabis and cancer, figuring out where to start on this journey can be quite frustrating and overwhelming.
We hope that this article will help provide some much-needed easy to understand answers regarding utilizing cannabis to treat cancer and its associated elements.
Politicians and medical professionals scream that we need more research. Meanwhile, there is an abundance already available. Here are a few examples of some of the science and research regarding cannabis as a cancer treatment.
- CBD As Potential Anticancer Drug
- In Vitro And In Vivo Efficacy of Non-Psychoactive Cannabidiol In Neuroblastoma
- CBD Inhibits Angiogenesis by Multiple Mechanisms
- The Influence of Biomechanical Properties and Cannabinoids on Tumor Invasion
- CBD Inhibits Cancer Cell Invasion Via Upregulation of Tissue Inhibitor of Matrix Metalloproteinases-1
- The Inhibitory Effects of CBD On Systemic Malignant Tumors
- CBD, A Novel Inverse Agonist for GPR12
A Revolutionary Anecdotal Claim That Cannabis Kills Cancer: The Rick Simpson Story
While there may not be clinical trials regarding cannabis and cancer, there is an abundance of research as you can see above. To support science even further, countless anecdotal stories also support that cannabis can play a vital role in not only treating the symptoms of cancer and cancer treatments but at killing cancer as well. One of the most widely known stories is that of Rick Simpson. Ever heard of RSO? RSO is short for Rick Simpson Oil. To learn more about Rick as well as his story and the oil that saved his life, check out his story here.
Treating Cancer Ailments
There is no question, cancer is devastating. It is devastating physically, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally for many. Aside from the ailments that cancer produces, there is a wide range of side effects that also occur from standard treatment options. Here are some of those ailments and side effects that cannabis has shown to be effective in helping relieve for many.
- Muscle Spasms
First Step To Utilizing Cannabis for Cancer
While many have treated themselves illegally with much success for years, this is no longer the only choice for many. Today many countries and states throughout the US are embracing cannabis and its place in our pharmacopeia. Almost every comprehensive medical cannabis program that has been approved and implemented allows for cancer patients to utilize cannabis-based products.
If you live where medical cannabis is legal, the first thing you need to do is speak with your doctor. A doctor’s recommendation is required in almost all circumstances for you to be approved for patient status. Once you become a medical cannabis patient, you will be able to possess and utilize cannabis products legally. The exact amounts vary depending on where you live. So it is essential that you become familiar with your local laws and processes.
Ways to Utilize Cannabis for Cancer Treatment
Now that you are more familiar with the science behind cannabis for cancer as well as precisely what it may help to treat and the process for being able to use it legally, let’s take a look at some of the popular ways to use cannabis for cancer-specific treatment.
- RSO: Rick Simpson Oil or RSO is one of the primary ways in which people utilize cannabis for cancer. This is to not only help with symptoms of cancer but in hopes of putting it in remission. This thick potent cannabis oil can be ingested by itself or you can add it to a piece of food or blend it within a beverage. Additionally, you can place RSO into capsules (found at most health stores) and take it just as you would any other pill.
- Topicals: For skin cancer, one of the ways you can use cannabis is through topical products. Cannabis lotions, salves, and creams can be found abundant in today’s market. Not only are these products recommended for applying directly to cancerous masses, but they are also great for targeting specific areas for relief from everything from inflammation and pain to spasms, headaches, and even nausea.
- Other: Smoking, vaping, edibles, and tinctures are also methods of utilizing cannabis. Methods that many cancer patients have reported finding relief from.
The method that works best for you for overall relief from symptoms will depend highly upon the specific ailment you are looking to address. This is why for many, a full spectrum of products with a full range of cannabinoids, vitamins, and minerals is the go to choice.