Medicate & Meditate
One of the great benefits of Cannabis is that you become more aware of yourself. Contrary to the misconception of ‘stoners being out of it’, people who use cannabis regularly would say the opposite is true. Cannabis makes you more aware of your surroundings, and helps you to feel lighter and happier in your body. Cannabis encourages you to feel relaxed and sometimes, very deeply relaxed.
Using Cannabis prior to meditation can be just what you need to help you feel calm and introspective. Choose a strain that will help you feel relaxed such as Blue Dream or Sour Deisel.
If you are new to meditating, then here are some steps to get you started:
1) Light a candle and create sacred space. This could be in bed before you fall asleep, or in a cosy corner of your home. Sit comfortably on cushions and with a blanket around your shoulders and maybe another one over your legs and tucked under your feet.
2) Prepare your cannabis with attention and deeply inhale the smell of your ground Cannabis with closed eyes. Infuse love and appreciation into your ground Cannabis by sending in thoughts of gratitude and appreciation for the grower and for the healing properties of the plant itself.
3) Savour your Cannabis as you inhale and slowly exhale through your nose to enjoy the flavour notes of your cannabis. Close your eyes as you exhale so that you are very connected to the Cannabis you are enjoying .
4) Sit up tall and hold yourself in your best seated alignment.
Shoulders relaxing, heart lifted. Sides of the waist drawn back slightly and maintaining the natural curve of your low back. Lower your chin down slightly to lengthen the back of your neck. Close your eyes and direct your inner gaze to your lower lids.
5) Don’t be alarmed or put off by the busyness of your thoughts and mind. Noticing this busyness is the beginning of learning how to quiet your mind. Keep at it and know that all practice is good practice.